Thursday 15 October 2015

Bristol Fashion Week - Live Blogging Show


Last week I was lucky enough to go to the Live Blogging Show for Bristol Fashion Week A/W 15 at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway and in one word, it was fabulous! From start to finish I was so impressed with all of the effort and attention to detail that had clearly gone in to the show and really enjoyed myself! 

The show was hosted by Denise Van Outen and Mark Heyes who both looked fantastic. I particularly loved the fact that they were both wearing outfits from the highstreet which just made it all feel that little bit more accessible. Although I have lived in Bristol for pretty much my entire life, I am ashamed to say I have never actually been to the fashion show at The Mall so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Upon walking in to the purpose built pavilion, I was struck by the feeling of opulence and luxury. The lobby area was styled like an old fashioned theater and there were lines of mocktails and popcorn to take in to the show.

It all started with a gorgeous combination of sequins and fur in the High Shine lineup from John Lewis and Accessorize. The outfits were simply dazzling and it made me want to create a high class event just so that I would have an excuse to wear something so fancy! Next up was a really fun show from Topshop and Topman with the models not just walking down the catwalk but dancing to Men in Black. It continued on with so many gorgeous outfits, brilliant dancing, great music and a lot of very talented, beautiful people! I enjoyed every minute of it and would definitely not miss it again!

Though there were lots of different looks and styles, there were certainly some key themes that ran through the show. Fringing is going to be really big for Autumn / Winter which ties in perfectly with the resurgence of 70's styles. There was also a lot of fur, from coats to handbags to collars it was absolutely everywhere. It seems to be all about texture at the moment with lace and sequins also making an appearance. Grey seemed to be the colour of the season which made me extremely happy as it is by far one of my favourites. I just think it makes everything look so chic!

My favourite pieces from the show were a suede skirt, a sequin jacket and a simply gorgeous grey wool coat, all from Marks & Spencer! I also absolutely loved the fringed grey and purple dress from the finale which I believe was from Phase Eight but sadly I think it requires a little more height than my 5 foot 2 frame provides!

After the show, there was a beauty event being held in John Lewis with free prosecco and treatments. It was the perfect end to a lovely evening to wander around with some fizz, talk to some wonderful people and get to try out some new brands. First I tried out Estée Lauder Double Wear as it is a firm Blogger favourite that I've always been curious about. I must admit after usually wearing my natural looking Dusty Girls' Earth Cream I was a little unsure as it is really full coverage but I think it could be a good option for a big night out. I found it quite difficult to apply though when I tried it myself so it may turn out to not be for me...but I shall persevere since I was given quite a generous sample. 

I then discovered the new perfume due to launch this month from Shiseido called Ever Bloom. It was a warm, floral fragrance that is much more modern than Shiseido's other offering, Zen. I really liked it and may well pick it up once it is released.

Next I stumbled across a brand that I've actually never heard of before called Decleor. They have a stunning range of skincare products which are mainly oil based and are usually found in spas. Jo, the lady on the Decleor counter, was an absolute pleasure to talk to. I must have taken up quite a lot of her time with all my questions but she seemed so genuinely happy to discuss the brand with me which always really makes me warm to a brand. There is a big difference between someone with a set sales pitch and someone who personally believes in the brand and I really felt that the latter was the case. She also told me that there were treatment rooms tucked away at the back of the John Lewis store where you could have massages and facials with Decleor products which was a very pleasant surprise. I will certainly be booking in!

Lastly I popped over to the Liz Earle counter to check out their newly launched serum. The brand has become extremely popular in recent years with their Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser so I was curious to see whether their newest product lived up to expectations. I had a great chat with Richard from the Liz Earle counter who let me try the products and gave me a few nice samples. On first try, the serum seems really light and sinks in really quickly. Like all Liz Earle products, it also smelt so fresh!

It was such a lovely evening! The fashion show gave me a great chance to see the upcoming trends of the season along with just being a really entertaining evening and the beauty event was a nice touch of luxury. Thank you so much to both The Mall and to Gina Jones for inviting me along, I loved every minute of it!











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Bristolian Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig